Because We'd Like Every Houstory to be a Happy One
Houstory Publishing is committed to building a company that is not only profitable, but responsible, sustainable and community-minded. The company lives by the The Golden Rule and in doing so, hopes to instill fierce customer and employee loyalty. A successful day ends with the company feeling proud of the work it does, its place in both the local and global communities and the positive difference it is constantly striving to make in the world.
With these values in mind, Houstory created the "Houstory Helps" Program. In the future, Houstory will choose various charities to highlight, all of which share and value the importance of a home -- some home -- for all.
For now, with every purchase of a Home History Book, Houstory Publishing, LLC, will donate a portion of its proceeds to Lydia Place in Bellingham, Wash. Working with Lydia Place, a multi-faceted, six-month transitional housing program that supports women and their children, is a natural fit for Houstory Publishing, a company that celebrates and recognizes the importance of "home".
Founded in 1989, Lydia Place provides:
- Six month transitional housing
- Twelve month follow-up program
- Individual goal-setting and case management
- Weekly monitoring of individual goals
- Life skills training
- Individual budget assistance
- Therapeutic Children's Program
- Education and/or employment support and advocacy
- Community resource referrals
- Advocacy and accompaniment services